- Inventory number
- Haes, Carlos de
- Tile Factories on Príncipe Pío Hill
- Ca. 1872
- 39,2 cm x 61 cm
- On display
- Museo de Arte Moderno, donation by the disciples of Carlos de Haes, 1899
The ruins of an old Tile Factory and the adjacent constuction on Príncipe Pío Hill at the Royal Seat of La Florida, Madrid.
This enclave was one of the most visited by Haes and his disciples, as they often went there to do outdoor painting exercises for the San Fernando School.
The intensity of the light, the tonal variations of the ochers, browns and greens, and their contrast with the breadth of the sky were inspiring to Carlos de Haes from the very start.
This work was donated to the now-defunct Museum of Modern Art by Jaime Morera and accepted by Royal Order of 10 June 1899.