José Luis Várez Fisa (born Barcelona, 1928) is an engineer and businessman. He studied Industrial Engineering at the Universidad Politécnica in Barcelona then subsequently moved to Navarre where he was appointed a board member of the Pamplona branch of Banco de España. During the 1960s in Guipúzcoa he founded and was president of Laminaciones Lesaca, based on steel by-products. Following the sale of that company he moved to Madrid in 1970 and focused his activities on the property development and financial companies.
A leading collector, over the years José Luis Várez Fisa has assembled a significant collection of works of art from different historical periods and in different techniques and styles. In 1970 and 1988 he made two donations to the Museo del Prado, becoming a member of its Royal Board of Trustees in 1980 and again in 1986. His activities as a patron of the arts have been recognised with the Grand Cross of Alfonso X el Sabio, while more recently he and his wife received the Gold Medal for Fine Arts.